Replication configure in Log Shipping Database

• Hi,

We have 5 databases in two different servers and its already configured in log shipping and its running successfully also. But now i want configure merge replication from those 5 existing databases. Is it possible to achieve?

Kindly advice me on this...

Pradeep

• Yes it is possible but why you want to do that when the logshipping already been configured on the same databases?

• Its for business requirements...

Eg:

1) Source database 'A' already configured log shipping to Destination database 'B' (Its working fine)

2) Same Source database 'A' need to be configure merge replication to other Destination database 'X' (This is requirement)

Source databases is same for both log shipping and merge replication.

Is it achievable?

Thanks...

Pradeep

• Sure it's possible. It's just going to be a normal merge replication setup.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • many thanks...

Pradeep

• Hi ,

i have a slightly different situation , i have a server A as primary server , server B as secondary server ( log shipped in standby mode ) & i want to deploy a server C as a replication subscriber to server B. Is it possible ? considering that server ( database ) B would be in read only mode & not generating any Transaction logs .... what would the log reader agent be reading from Database B ? Please help , i need this information urgently

• Please post new questions in a new thread. Thank you.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster - Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:34 AM

Sure it's possible. It's just going to be a normal merge replication setup.

Hi,
    How to configure my log shipping standby database to replication transaction.I'm unable find out this scenario.Can you  please provide any url or step by step configure from log shipping secondary db to Replication.
    My business requirement is A--> B log shipping already configured ,now i want to configure logshipping standy server(B) to C .

C is for only reports purpose.kindly do the needful.

Thanks
    Hari

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply