replication between 2 SqlServers

• Hi again,

This time i am facing a probelem in snapshot Replicating between two sql servers running in our work group.

I am running the sql server and it's agent in new account of belonging to administrator group. Now the distributior and publisher are on same machine and I guess are configured right.

The second sql server  is registered in my sever group list. I can access databases of that in Enterprize manager and can update or change them.

Now when i configure it as a subscriber through Wizard all goes fine and a succes mesage is displayed but the replication process fails.

It logs an error: The process could not connect to subsriber.

More over the snapshop agent prompts that "A snap shot with x articles finished success fully"

Do I am violating any net work problems.

More over : We are working Work group LAN.

and the replication process at same server to different databases work fine. (I mean distributoir, publisher and subsriber resides on the same machine)

Please any help

Regards

• If you're in a workgroup instead of a domain... there's one possibility that I can think of.  The administrator account you're using is a local machine account, I'm assuming.  If you're using a local account, it really won't be able to talk to the other machine.

I'm in a domain, and using an account with admin rights for my replication jobs.  Maybe you should try something like using mixed mode security and using a sql server account with system administrator rights for the replication threads (and have the account on both sql servers).

• Thx robertk, I will see into this suggestion and will let u guys know.

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply