Replication and Full-Text Search

• Hello,

I manage a website that has the following structure

- main database with user information

- search database that subscribes to main database publication with transactional replication

Both databases run SQL Server 2005. My question is - how do I set up a full text search in the search database? Whenever the replication is synchronized, the full text search stored procedure I use on the search database returns an error saying that the table queried isn't full text indexed, so I have to manually add the table to the full text catalogue in the search database. I tried adding the original table, in the main database to a full text catalogue in the main database. I also set the option in the publication to copy full text indexes to True in the replication. However, I'm still getting the error.

Is there any way to do this? Ideally, the best solution would be to replicate the data to the search database and automatically add the required table in the search database to the full text catalogue, without having to maintain a useless full text catalogue in the main database just for it to be replicated.

• Any luck with this? We're also trying to set up a full text catalog on our subscriber without setting it up on the publisher and are having some configuration problems.

Thanks,

Jen

• Check this out: http://www.replicationanswers.com/FTI2005.asp

Hope this helps,

\\K

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HTH !
    Kin
    MCTS : 2005, 2008
    Active SQL Server Community Contributor 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply