Replication

• Hello Gents,

We have peer to peer replication configured in SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise environment.

Here is the problem:

We have about 200 articles configured for replication, out of which the distributor agent is able to replicate only some random articles (10 to 50 articles). I can see all the other article transactions in the distribution database. I don't see any error messages from distribution agent.

Does anyone know, why this would happen ?

Suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Surii

• What happens when you put a tracer token into one of the articles which isn't working ?

Vultar

• Hello Vultar,

How can we put a tracer token for just a single article? Do you have any script to do that, if so can you please provide it.

Thanks,

Surii

• Hello Vultar,

I couldn't create tracer token for a specific article.

But for the entire publication, here is the tracer token information.

Publisher to Distributor: 00:00:05

Distributor to Subscriber: Pending...

Total Latency: Pending...

Thanks,

Surii

• Hi Surii,

Sorry, my mistake.. it was the publication I was meant to refer to, not the article!

In the replication monitor, if you click on the 'warnings and agents' tab, which agent has an error status ?

What error messages do you see when view the details of this agent ?

Cheers

Vultar

• Hello Vultar,

There are no error messages to any of the jobs.

Thanks,

Surii

• Hi Surii,

If you go to replication monitor, click on the 'warnings and agents' tab, what is the status of the snapshot and log reader agents at the bottom of the screen ?

One of them should have an error because the tracer token failed to reach the subscriber from the distributor, if you right click the one with the error and click 'view details' you should see an error message..

Cheers

Vultar

• Hello Vultar,

There is no error message to any of the agents.

Thanks,

Surii

• Strange, I would expect at least one of the replication agents to be showing an error if the tracer tokens not reaching its destination.

What about the sql error logs ?

Cheers

Vultar

• Hello Vultar,

I don't see any error messages in error logs, event logs and agent history as well.

Thanks,

Surii

• Hello Surii,

Unfortunately I don't know where to go with this because I would at least expect some errors to be showing somewhere.

I'm interested to see if there's a fix so I'll keep an eye on this post!

Cheers

Callum

• It wont throw any error on any log if it is in any pending state. The advice provided by MSDN is to make sure that the Distribution agent and log reader agent is running. Take a look at this article and see if you can get any information[/url].

-Roy

• Hi,

What are the chances that the replicatin may not be applying due to reasons such as the Publisher tables not having any new records to replicate to the subscriber?

I think if you trying comparing the data from source to destination could help you, before any conclusions.

If the records are the same and have been the same for a while then that could make sense, but if the records are not the same, then may be the you may need to reconfigure the affected subscribers again, one by one and also test each sunscribtion after you have done that configuration.

• How is your replication topology layout?

who is subcribed to waht and do you have some subcribers who are also publishers?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply