Replace

• Can any one help to get quick results while running query in PostgreSQL?

when i run my query its taking such a long time due to huge data's in db.

Thanks,

Shobana

• shobanapraveen (10/3/2013)

Can any one help to get quick results while running query in PostgreSQL?

when i run my query its taking such a long time due to huge data's in db.

Thanks,

Shobana

Have you tried posting in a PostgreSQL forum? Most folks reading this will have no experience of the product.

Failing that, good query design practices for SQL Server are quite likely to apply to a PostgreSQL query. Post it up!

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• try to search n propertly forum, i dont have information about it

• Hi,

Any online to help me in fetching the data's quickly. if i run the query below its taking such a long time due to huge data's(1k) in each tables. Can any one help me in this..............

Thanks,

Shobana

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS OwnerMessageList1;

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS OwnerMessageList2;

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE OwnerMessageList1 (

id serial,

name varchar(100)

);

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE OwnerMessageList2 (

id serial,

srcname varchar(100),

url varchar(1000),

username varchar(200)

);

INSERT INTO OwnerMessageList1

(name)

select unnest(string_to_array(replace(replace('$filter', 'itime >= ', ''),'itime <= ',''),'and'));

INSERT INTO OwnerMessageList2

(srcname,url,username)

select distinct am.src,am.url,am.user from "FGT60B3908669009-wlog-1380091698" am where cast(am.itime as integer) between (select cast(name as integer) from OwnerMessageList1 where id=1) and (select cast(name as integer) from OwnerMessageList1 where id=2) ;

select am.srcname,am.url,am.username,abstime(cp.itime) as itime ,abstime(cp.dtime) as dtime from "SYSLOG-C0A80A41-glog-1380349435" cp join OwnerMessageList2 am on cp.msg LIKE '%'||am.srcname||'%' where cast(cp.itime as integer) between (select cast(name as integer) from OwnerMessageList1 where id=1) and (select cast(name as integer) from OwnerMessageList1 where id=2) order by cp.itime desc

• Hi,

Any one help me to insert datas into mysql.

Thanks,

Shobana

• shobanapraveen (10/8/2013)

Hi,

Any one help me to insert datas into mysql.

Thanks,

Shobana

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/

The SQL Guy @ blogspot[/url]

@SeanPearceSQL

About Me[/url]

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply