rename the file one by one using for loop container

• Hi SSiS gurus,

i need a package that will read the files inside the folder one by one and rename it insde the for loop container.

Thanks

murali

• Do you need to examine the filenames before renaming them? If so, you'll probably need a script task to do it. If not, you can use the file system task to rename the files.

Is the only purpose of the loop container to rename the files? If so, I'd just use a script task since the code would be quite simple to read the filenames from a directory, loop through each one, and rename them.

• Hi Paul,

i tried using For each loop Container and file system task below is the what i have done in tasks

foreach loop container:

-----------------------

enumerator: for each file enumerator

folder = d:\sample\renamefiles

files = *.txt

variables mapping = user::myfilevalue

file system task:

----------------

isdestinationpathvariable = true

destinationvariable = User::fulldestpathfilename

operation = rename

issourcepathvariable = true

sourcevariable = User::fullsourcepathfilename

variables:

----------

myfilevalue = file1.txt

dest path = d:\sample\renamefiles

source path = d:\sample\renamefiles

fullsourcefilepathname = d:\sample\renamefiles\file1.txt

fulldestfilepathname = d:\sample\renamefiles\file1_Processed.txt

it rename only file1.txt into file1_Processed.txt

but in my d:\sample\renamefiles folder some files also there like file2,file3,file4 etc. i want to change all files one by one

thanks

murali

• and it showed below error:

SSIS package "Package.dtsx" starting.

Error: 0xC002F304 at File System Task, File System Task: An error occurred with the following error message: "Could not find file 'D:\sample\rename files\file1.txt'.".

Warning: 0x80019002 at File System Task: The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.

Task failed: File System Task

Warning: 0x80019002 at Foreach Loop Container: The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.

Warning: 0x80019002 at Package: The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.

SSIS package "Package.dtsx" finished: Failure.

• Seems to be looking for "file1.txt" again for some reason. Are you updating the value of the variable holding the name of the file to next rename?

• Hi Paul,

i cant understand what u said

plz tell me breifly.and what i did is correct or not

thanks

murali

• Hi all,

i have done above requirement but it show in my destfolder like this

file1-92008.txt,file2-92008.txt...etc

for above rename i implement expression in fulldestfilepathname

@[User::destPath] + SUBSTRING( @[User::MyFileValue] , 1 , FINDSTRING( @[User::MyFileValue],".",1) - 1 ) + "-" + (DT_STR, 2, 1252) Month( @[System::StartTime] )+ (DT_STR, 4, 1252) Year( @[System::StartTime] )+ SUBSTRING( @[User::MyFileValue] , FINDSTRING( @[User::MyFileValue],".",1) , LEN( @[User::MyFileValue] ) )

but i want file1_Proccessed.txt,file2_Processed.txt...etc in destfolder what i have to for this

any help appriciated

thanks

murali

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply