Removing lines from dataset

• Hi all,

Is there a way that I can hide results if a text line appears twice dataset. I am trying to hide both lines if the text number is the same in BankLedger.BankLedgerRef

Thanks
    Chris

• I'm afraid your statement doesn't made much sense. Maybe you mean DISTINCT, maybe you mean the latest entry, maybe something else?

There appears to be a language barrier here, so it might be far easier if you talk in terms of sample data (DDL (CREATE) and DML (INSERT)) statements and expected results, along with what your attempt is (showing your attempt is really important). Then we can far more easily work out your goal.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hi Thom

Sorry I didnt make sense. What I was trying to say is that I am trying to write an uncashed cheque report and for some reason the report is pulling back both a cheque number and the cancelled cheque number when they are showing as reconcilled. In these instances I would like to remove both lines from the result so for example if I had 2 cheque numbers (100200) one showing the original cheque amount and the other showing the cancelled cheque amount that I could eliminate both entries appearing on the report.

I cant think of how to even attempt this as I am not great in sql which is why I haven't shown an attempt.

Thanks
    Chris

• Without that sample data I can only throw out ideas. Maybe a candidate for an EXISTS clause in the WHERE.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply