Remove Extra Print Dialog Box 2016?

• In SSRS 2016, microsoft added a "feature"  where a dialog creates a printer friendly PDF version of a report; which then sends that version to your normal windows printer.. and on top of that if you have a PDF reader installed it also pops up another window for you to preview it.. I'm not sure what the good intention here was.. especially since windows has a PDF printer built in automaticaly now, but what this causes is it makes it take 3x longer to print a page than what it used to on 2008 SSRS.

The only information I can find online about removing this is some 10 year old C# code and I'm wondering if anyone else has ran into this or knows how to remove it?  Attached is the printer dialog I want to remove.  I just want the end users to be able to print using the windows printing as they always have.

As for the inevitable "printing reports is bad data is stale" argument, these are being printed as a form of historical record into an archival software, they aren't actually being printed to a physical printer.

Thank you for any assistance.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  oogibah.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • I have seen this, I would have assumed that it disables the ability to print all together, which is not what I want, but I'll test it in test and see how it goes, and report back.

Update:

Just wanted to come back and confirm, that this does in fact just completely remove the print button option, they could probably still use ctrl+p to print, but that doesnt work when there are multiple pages worth of results.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  oogibah.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply