Remove default Parameter " "

• Does anyone know how to remove the default option Parameter ("<Select a Value>") of Reporting Service.

I have 2 Parameters, one is Product Parameter, the other is InvestmentOption Parameter. The parameters I get from the database, when I select Parameter Product, the investmentOption Parameter will show the list that belong to that Product Parameter. But when I select "<Select a Value>" (Default option of all Parameters of RS), the list of InvestmentOption still have the old value. When I select the InvestmentOption value, the Product Parameter will choose the value that belong to investmentOption (wrong! Because The Product Parameter will generate values for InvestmentOption).For me, I think If I could remove that default option of RS Parameter ("<Select a Value>"),I could solve the problem  . So if anyone knows how to solve this problem, please send the detail about it to vt3hiepbee@yahoo.com . Best Regards.

• Have you tried to look at 'report parameter'?

• RS parameters have two options: allow blank, allow null. If these are checked it will add the default ("<Select a Value>"). Make sure you set a default value from query or hard coded as the default and do not allow blank or null values.  

• I tried, but it still could not work! BTW, thank you for your support

• When I using tab Preview, it disappears, but when I publish it to the web, it still occur (default value: <"Select a Value"&gt. I don't know why, could anybody help me?

Best Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply