Remove Agent Job SSIS Parameter Value

• This is something that comes up now an again when using Project Deployment. Lets say in your package you have a parameter named filePath and you give it a default value of C:\Temp
    In an SQL Agent Job you override the default parameter value and set it to C:\MyFiles
    The problem is later on you wish to remove this override, if you simply go into the editor and deleted the value it not good enough, the editor complains.
    Is there a way in the Agent Job editor to remove a parameter?

The only way I know is to script the Agent Job, remove the offending parameter. Drop the Agent Job and recreate it from the script. Not really a hardship I know, I just wanted to know if I am missing something obvious in the editor that lets you remove them.

• tim.ffitch 25252 - Monday, November 5, 2018 7:46 AM

This is something that comes up now an again when using Project Deployment. Lets say in your package you have a parameter named filePath and you give it a default value of C:\Temp
    In an SQL Agent Job you override the default parameter value and set it to C:\MyFiles
    The problem is later on you wish to remove this override, if you simply go into the editor and deleted the value it not good enough, the editor complains.

The only way I know is to script the Agent Job, remove the offending parameter. Drop the Agent Job and recreate it from the script. Not really a hardship I know, I just wanted to know if I am missing something obvious in the editor that lets you remove them.

Nothing obvious. Just type in the default value again.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin - Monday, November 5, 2018 7:55 AM

tim.ffitch 25252 - Monday, November 5, 2018 7:46 AM

This is something that comes up now an again when using Project Deployment. Lets say in your package you have a parameter named filePath and you give it a default value of C:\Temp

Nothing obvious. Just type in the default value again.

I try to avoid that in case the default gets changed. It's also a pain where I have just typed a value into adjacent parameter by mistake. The default in this case was NULL to which I could find no way back. Typing NULL doesn't work in this case and Ctrl+0 doesn't work either. In this particular case I had no option but to use the scripting method.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply