Remote SQL Server connectivity issue.

• Hi,

I am trying to connect the defferent ip from SQL 2014 management studio. Its throwing the below error.

a network related or instance specific error occurred while establishing a connection to sql server was not found or not accisiblle.verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is coinfigured to allow remote connections.(provider:Named pipes provider,error:40-could not open a connection SQL Server) Microsoft SQL Server ,error:1326)

I tried all resolutions like below:

1. in sql configuration manager the network Protocol: TCP/IP is enabled.

2. windows fiewall enabled.

3.created new inboundrule added 1433 port

4.restarted all the services

I tried ping the ip. its connecting

i tried telnet ipaddress 1433.. It is connecting.

when tenet is working and connecting to ip address. then why i am not able to connect through management studio?

Please help me to resolve this. Anything else i need to do?

Thanks,

Jo

• I would try the following:

1. from command prompt using sqlcmd; example :   sqlcmd -S [tcp:]sqlhost\instance -E    or sqlcmd -S [tcp:]sqlhost\instance -U username -P password
    2. from management studio using the following format "tcp:sqlhost\instance"
  • Did you also run

EXEC sp_configure 'remote access', 1

GO

RECONFIGURE ;

GO

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thank you very much for your replies.

while connecting the remote server ip in the management studio, in the options i selected TCP/IP and timeout period to '0'. Then it worked for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply