Remi (RGR''us) - top of the charts!

• Hey Steve,

Looks like the Pass Summit has set you back somewhat in post counts...Remi's finally overtaken you and now holds the lead for maximum number of posts....

I'm sure all those countless people he has helped over the years would agree with me when I say that SSC should acknowledge this some way...maybe a t-shirt or something else from the SSC store!!!

ps:Is this kind of thing still under your control or does one have to approach the "new management" ?!

Heck - I want the good ole days back!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• From a totally unbiased position.  I think a free pass to PASS 2007 would be in order .

• You give him his props, and still he wants more...

I wasn't born stupid - I had to study.

• It's with the same attitude that I learned SQL server... and got to that post count .

• I wasn't born stupid - I had to study.

• I think a free 2007 pass is a great idea and one that hopefully Steve will seriously consider...

No one can deny that you've worked hard to earn this...you're after all our resident genius and most definitely one of the SSC MVPs...(hope you're not blushing too hard remi)...

• Oh, I agree.  I just wanted to give him a hard time...

I wasn't born stupid - I had to study.

• Thanx guys.  So I guess it's settled then. I'll see you at PASS next year .

• You guys make a good arguement.

Now if I can just get an article from the ninja...

• What topic do you have in mind (that hasn't been covered 10 times over already)??

• I'll give you a topic Remi - and even be your scribe if you want......

Different ways of optimising "Select Statements" - It would be handy to have a compilation of a list like this - eg: order of "where" and "and" in the clauses - use of "if exists" - pros and cons of subqueries vs. joins etc.

• That's easy.

It depends, always test .

• Yes -  but all my focus is usually geared towards the noobs...you've done all the testing under various conditions and know what is optimal...put it down in print so others can benefit from it...you asked for a topic and since this is one that I've always wanted to have the time to put together it popped into my head immediately...

Now git crackin'...

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply