Relaunch jobs automatically

• Good morning,

I manage a SQL Server in which I have scheduled several jobs that are executed automatically according to the established schedule. The problem is that from time to time, due to connectivity problems or other problems of others, some jobs fail, cutting the process in the step that corresponds, so manually, we have to access the work and relaunch it in step in which it was executed with error.

I was looking at the option of creating a programmed job that in some way will monitor the status of other jobs, and if it see any job that has stopped with error, re-launch it automatically. Would it be possible?

Thanks in advance.

• Why not use the retry option for the step if it so rare an occurrence, while you work on why it fails that is?

• Thanks for the reply,

We know the causes for which the works fail randomly, and as I say, it is due to connectivity problems of our SQL servers. In addition, these works are launched at dawn to collect information for a scorecard.

• You will find the retry option under the Advanced tab for the steps(s) that you wish to set the option for along with a retry interval option.

• I agree that the Retry option seems the right choice here. if the issue is a connection issue, then set the task to retry up to say 2 further times, and set them to something like a 10 minute delay (so that connections can be re-established).

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thank you very much for the solution.

The truth is that I did not see the "retry" option in each of the steps of a scheduled job. So thank you very much for making me visible!

Happy New Year!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply