Registered Servers window is gone

• I was using 2008 R2 SSMS and I think I did an accident click & drag on the registered servers window/tab. Sometimes I have a heavy left-click finger. Now I am unable to bring back the registered servers window. Clicking View, Registered Servers has no effect. Neither does Ctrl+Alt+G.

I repaired my installation by going under Add/Remove Programs but no dice.

Thanks for any ideas.

• doesn't view->object explorer work?

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.

• Yes. All the View options work (object explorer, object explorer details, utility explorer) except for registered servers.

• Check to see if you merely unpinned it, or overlapped it.

Is it in a grey bar on the left side of the object explorer, or in a tab at the bottom?

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Try out this way

go to C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Shell

and rename regsvr.xml to some other name for ex. regsvr_old.xml

Now open Management studio , it will create new regsvr.xml and than you can use registered server window

• Thanks for the ideas guys. I had in fact unpinned the tab. But it sure seemed invisible yesterday even after closing and opening SSMS. But this morning, after a reboot, it was in its own window in the corner of the screen. I just had to drag it back to the pinned location.

thanks

• I found an easy way in SSMS menus select Window > Reset Window Layout and click yes on the confirmation box. Now you can click and open Registered servers window from view menu.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply