register Data factory self hosted IR

• I am trying to install a Self-hosted Integration Runtime on my local computer.
    But when doing the register, I got an error:

The integration runtime self hosted node failed to connect to the cloud service due to network connectivity issues.
    Check the network activity. Failed to connect to wu2.frontend.clouddatahub.net.

How can  I fix this?

Thanks,

• "Failed to connect to wu2.frontend.clouddatahub.net."

The installer downloads all necessary installation files from the internet - it sounds like perhaps your firewall is blocking the download of the installer files.  Do you have a network admin you can check with?

This isn't related, but... I had issues with the .msi installer yesterday, so I tried the executable instead and it just hung.  I rebooted the server and installation went through without a hitch.

• Thank you I will check with our network admin about this.
    Strange not sure why they block this site.
    I can download from other sites for many softwares.

• You may also want to take a look at the documentation here -> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/create-self-hosted-integration-runtime#ports-and-firewall

This talks about ports and needed domains to access for the self-hosted runtime. If you still have questions, I hope you'll reach out.

Josh Luedeman
    Azure Engineering - CXP
    FastTrack Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply