Regd an RDLC Report...

• Hi frens..:)

Pls help me to solve this issue related to an RDLC Report...

The scenerio is....I have successfully deployed the RDLC on report server...But when I am trying to view it...It is asking me the credentials to connect to data source..The exact message is

"Type or enter a user name and password to access the data source:"..

When I am giving the proper user name and password, the report is executing properly...running fine..

But I want to store the credentials already in report server through programmatically [or in any suitable way]....so that it should not ask me the credentials...directly it should run the report....

:**: Please note that I am creating my RDLC report using Custom Data Source...

Cheers,

Niraj...

• If you're using SQL Server Authentication to connect to the db, edit the dataset and on the general tab, click [Edit] and ensure 'Save my password' is checked.

If you're using Windows Authentication, then it's more complicated. You can do any of the following:

1) create users/logins in the db for any/all users or groups of users of the reports

2) turn on anonymous authentication for the /ReportServer virtual directory in IIS and create a db user/login mapped to the anonymous user (typically IUSR_{name of web server}).

3) create/acquire a local or domain user on web server. turn on anonymous authentication for the /ReportServer virtual directory and set that user as the account for anonymous access. create a db user/login anonymous user.

• Hi Antonio..

Thanks for the prompt reply....Actually; here we are creating the RDLC file through C# Code...[Directly we are creating an XML file through C# Code...]..This is using a custom datasource with all credential info....

But after deploying it...on report server....it is asking again...user name and password...But we have already given the connection string with concerned user name and password...in XML file...as given below;

So...can you pls help for the same issue....:)

Once again..thanks...

Cheers,

Niraj

• As it is prompting you for login details, I presume your report is using sql server authentication.

In the report server, navigate to your datasource (deployed already) using the DataSources option and check "Credentials stored securely in report server" option and supply with the username and password you have supplied in the apps xml file so that they both reconcile.

Click apply.

Make sure you checkin the override datasources option to false always so that whenever you deploy the report the datasource is never over-ridden. If you want to change the data source, delete the existing one from report server and deploy again.

I guess if you follow the above procedure it should never prompt for logon again.

Let me know how it goes!

• :Niraj,

there are two levels of authentication: one for the database and one for the /ReportServer virtual directory. i assumed your issue was the db connection but if you've embedded db connection info into the .RDL, then the issue lay with web authentication.

can any of your users access the http://{web_server_name}/ReportServer/ root? if not

just follow steps I outlined earlier to configure authentication for /ReportServer virtual directory in IIS' management console.

if /ReportServer is configured for Windows authentication, grant your users/groups NTFS access to the local folder path (e.g.: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\Reporting Services\ReportServer). if you choose to enable anonymous access, the anonymous user must have NTFS access to the local folder path.

• You can add

in your web.config to give access to the Report folders for windows authentication

• Sorry, xml was not shown in my last reply

You can add identity impersonate="true" Username ="" Password =""

tag to web.config

• you may need to tell the system which data source you want to use. in my C# i'm calling the SetReportDataSources method to hook the report to the datasource. it takes two string parameters 1) reportpath 2)datasourcepath

_rs.SetReportDataSources(SRSDirectory + SRSName, dataSources);

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply