I don't know how the basic knowledges about data storage and index structure?index storage, my questions as below, thank you for knidly help! (there is an example in the attached file)
- how the data is stored while without any index? ( you can give me some posts about the theory of data storage and index instruture , such as,how sql server generates index instructue and sql server how the index information to retrieve the data)
- how the data is stored for the clustered index ?
- how the data is stored for the non-clustered index?
- how is SQL Server created the index structure for clustered index and non-clustered index ? as the picture shows index structure.
- if I create a clustered index with purchorderID and LineNo or create a non-clustered index with purchorderID and lineNo, how will sql server generate the index structure for them ?
- is there any way the view some index struture ? and sql server how to use the index to retrieve the data. thanks!