Regarding Protection Level and Configuration in SSIS

• Hi Team,

I have some areas needs to be clarified.

Protection Level:)

I would like to know which protection level for the package will be more efficient.

(The scenario is i am developing the package in the offshore and my client is going to run the package)

Configuration:D

Which Configuration will be the best? We are planned to execute SQL server table package configuration since back up is easy and my question is

For example

I am moving the Employee data from FILE(EMP.txt)------->SQL Server Table(E_Emp_Tbl).

For the above data flow task I am configuring package configuration as SQL Server table, here I am able to store the password for database connection in SSIS Configuration table.

Still I stored the password in the configuration table, but my package is not picking the password(The same password to be used which is on the configuration table) as a result my job fails.

Due to the reason it tends me to supply the values for password property(\Package.Connections[Server].Properties[Password]) during the runtime (also not encrypted) as a result my job gets success.

Please clarify how to make my package to pick up the password from the configuration table and

also how to set encrypted password during runtime.

Thanks

Sara:P

• Moved to SSIS forums

• Protection level

Since your client is going to run the package, I suggest using EncryptAllWithPassword because if you use one of the ...UserKey options, only the package creator i.e you can run the package.

Configuration

I've only used XML File Configuration, but the SQL Server table Configuration should work too. Since you're running the package in a job, you should set the step type to "SQL Server Integration Services Package" and specify the configuration on the Configurations tab of the job step page.

Greg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply