Reflections

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Reflections

• Steve, I just read this, so I'm thinking off the top of my head. I'll try to come back later, after I've had more time to reflect upon what you've asked us to think about.

But at the moment, two things come to mind. First the positive. This year has been, for me, a highlight in that I've been able to work from home. I have wanted to do this for years, but have never been allowed to, until this year. I am truly thankful for that and am extremely glad that it will, potentially for some more months to come, continue to be allowed.

The second thing that comes to mind is a huge negative. Leaving 2019 and entering 2020 I had so much potential in being able to move ahead in my career. Remember late 2019, early 2020? There was actually the potentially for the first time I'm aware of, the US having zero unemployment. There were so many jobs, that being able to move on and move ahead, appeared to be guaranteed. Or, so I thought, as did millions of others, I'm sure. Then this stupid COVID hit. Unemployment raced to unusually high percentages. My dreams of moving on and moving ahead were dashed. I reflect upon that with sadness and anger. With a sense of irony, I know that 2020 performed the same devastation on millions of other people hopes and dreams as well. I'm thankful that I have a job, when so many people don't, but what could have been may never be available to me again.

Rod

• Thank you Steve for sharing some very insightful reflections.  With the benefit of hindsight, we often are able to see the good that comes from experiences that are not good, such as many aspects of 2020.  Whether it turns out to be rapid advancement in medicine, accelerated adoption of transformative technology, or simple appreciation of the blessing we have in our lives, there will be good that emerges.  Your reflections are some of the first fruits of this as we look back and reflect.

Thanks again for sharing those.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply