Redgate SQLCompare 12.3 license activation issue

• I have a new box where I have installed Redgate tools with SQLCompare, SQL Data compare and lot of others which comes with DLM suite. To activate these products, I had to login using redgate email ID and password. It activated all the products successfully. However, when I run a SQL job having SQLCompare commands to extract SQL objects it still shows 'SQL Compare: expired, edition standard
    Exiting since no valid license was found'. So it looks like license was not activated on server level and only works when I login using the Redgate email id. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? 

• SQLPRODDBA - Friday, June 30, 2017 10:48 AM

I have a new box where I have installed Redgate tools with SQLCompare, SQL Data compare and lot of others which comes with DLM suite. To activate these products, I had to login using redgate email ID and password. It activated all the products successfully. However, when I run a SQL job having SQLCompare commands to extract SQL objects it still shows 'SQL Compare: expired, edition standard
    Exiting since no valid license was found'. So it looks like license was not activated on server level and only works when I login using the Redgate email id. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? 

I think I'd consider contacting Redgate Support.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks Phil! I'll contact their team now. Just FYI, when I run the same command used in SQL job through my login it is working fine. But not sure why through SQL job it is not working. It looks like for some reason it is not recognizing the correct edition and version.

• SQLPRODDBA - Friday, June 30, 2017 4:24 PM

Thanks Phil! I'll contact their team now. Just FYI, when I run the same command used in SQL job through my login it is working fine. But not sure why through SQL job it is not working. It looks like for some reason it is not recognizing the correct edition and version.

I may be mistaken, but it's possible that the license is tied to the user it was registered against.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply