RedGate SQL Refactor

• Hi All

Is there any other softwares you have used that does the same job as RedGate SQL Refactor

If you haven't used this product, this is integrated on SQL Management Studio, which helps to align SQL codes and helps to organize SP's Views etc... into a structured format.

Please share similar softwares that are avaliable in market

Thanks in advance

🙂

• Maybe you should share what's your problem with Refactor and/or why do you search for alternatives.

• Hmmmm Refactor is good , i am looking something that cost nothing to me, so thats the reason i was asking something like refactor 😀

• Nothing? You write software to earn something, so why not pay for software that you need, like and makes you more productive?

Well, I got the impression that you have and use Refactor and search for alternatives because of problems.

• Several of the features of SQL Refactor come in SQL 2008 Mgmt Studio by default. Not all, but many.

A.J.
    DBA with an attitude

• Hi Robert

I am not the one who dosent want to spend, its like i am planning to migrate to 2008 on the next 6 months or may be earlier, so its the point of time, i am a customer of Redgate already, thats the reason for my Question

Cheers

🙂

• There's nothing wrong with using freeware. If it worth it to someone to pay the price for a commercial product they will.

• if you are looking for the reformatting of SQL statements type functionality, I can recommend SQL Pretty Printer For SSMS add-In

it's only $50 dollars for the registered version. I purchased it myself recently, as the Red Gate suite was outside of my budget;

it's been extremely valuable to me for cleaning up ugly code.

The Redgate suite comes with a really good intellisense, but that was not a major feature i wanted...it's SQL formatting that is the important piece for me.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply