RedGate Removal

• Hello all,

I have sql server 2005 and 20008 developers edition installed on my pc.

I had installed redgates bundle toolbelt, and my trial is over so I uninstalled all redgate applications.

But in my sql 2005 and 2008 it still shows the menu items. How can I remove these as well.

Thanks,

KS.

• A registry cleaner should be able to clean those out.

Did you run the uninstall from Add/Remove programs or some other means?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I am using windows 7 64bit. And yes I ran windows add/remove.

I'll try ccleaner.

Thanks,

KS

• FYI, ccleaner did not work.

• Dude

don't tackle the registry directly! Try this link from MS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• so easy to install --- such a pain in the *** to uninstall... 15 separate items all need to be individually uninstalled, and then half of them open one or more web pages asking for feedback. While feedback is great, NOT 8 TIMES...

• Hi drbob,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm the person at Red Gate currently kicking off the work to revamp our licensing and installation processes as we're fully aware they're not a great experience at the moment.

If you're also having issues with the menu items in SSMS or VS please do let us know. In SSMS for example going to Tools > Customize and deleting the Red Gate toolbar should help, but if SQL Prompt is still showing as a menu item it likely didn't completely uninstall, and therefore we'd be happy to look into what has gone wrong. If so please do email support at red-gate dot com with details of exactly what's left behind after uninstall. Many thanks.

However if you just had a poor experience uninstalling our software I'd like to apologise and assure you we're aware of the issues and looking to tackle them.

Best Regards,

Michael

• :w00t:

Sorry, I get a little hot headed when deadlines come and go and nothing goes as planned.....

I think the Red-Gate toolbelt is really a fine product, however I can never make enough time to truly evaluate it all, EVEN after I have extended my test time twice (on 2 separate machines at 2 different times). The DB schema compare is AWESOME, the documentor is great, but that is all that I've been able to test so far. (one man shop:)

Glad to hear that the uninstall process is a known issues and I look forward to evaluating that when it's available.

• Most tools I have tried are good, but the data comparison tool just failed me miserably this morning insisting there are no rows in the target database when there are in fact 5.  This is not trivial.  If I can't have complete faith in the infallible validity of the results then the tool creates more work than it saves and is useless to me.

For this reason I am uninstalling the SQL Toolbelt and will not buy it.  The removal... it's atrocious!  Do yourself a big favor and do not install this trial set unless you can do a quick reset of your environment.

Sorry, but when I'm trying to get serious work done, I don't have time for this.

<menu id="fcltHTML5Menu1" type="context"></menu>

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply