Recover database

• Hi,

I have accidentally attached different database to my existing database. Existing db name is BudgetDb and the restoring database name is BBoxDb.bak

It has attached. After that I came to know that it is not the database I want to restore.

How can I get back my original database(BudgetDb)???

I lost all my data.

Thanks in advance

• [font="Tahoma"]If you have the most recent full backup of BudgetDb database you can restore it and retrieve the datas..[/font]

[font="Verdana"]- Deepak[/font]

• [font="Verdana"]As said by Deepak , Restoring from backup is the only option to recover the db back. [/font]

• you can restore full backup then differential and log backup to restore recent changes.

Restoring full backup does not give latest data so u can restore diff and log backup also.

• If I am hearing you right, all you did was "attach" to the wrong database files; you should look to see if your original mdf and ldf files are still present. If so you can detach and re-attach back to your original database.

• This is a very big mistake...Now the best thing you can do is to apply full backup and all the log backups manually

...As a DBA you should be very careful....From my point of view the DBA

1.should be very careful for all the stuff he/she do

2.should be very cool i.e. without any pressure...no matter whatever condition

3.Should be accurate and Fast to solve the problem

Don't feel bad for my words, but this is the fact...All The Best in Future.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply