Rebuilding The Master Database

• Gianluca Sartori (10/4/2011)

OzYbOi d(-_-)b (10/4/2011)

Thanks & Good question.

L' Eomot Inversé (10/4/2011)

Good question.

I guess I'm glad that I don't know this answer from experience, just from reading.

My thoughts exactly Tom!

I wish it was so for me too! I had to rebuild the master database for a collation change and it's a *PAIN*, especially on big SQL Server 2005 clusters. The setup process has to start on each passive node before you can rebuild the master database and (multiple nodes) = (multiple possible reasons for a failure).

Everything document here[/url], if you're interested in the story and the workaround.

I did it all on SQL 2000. Resolved NEVER AGAIN. Hence know 2005/2008 version only by theory, and it's going to stay that way! (I hope)

Tom

• L' Eomot Inversé (10/4/2011)

Gianluca Sartori (10/4/2011)

OzYbOi d(-_-)b (10/4/2011)

Thanks & Good question.

L' Eomot Inversé (10/4/2011)

Good question.

I guess I'm glad that I don't know this answer from experience, just from reading.

My thoughts exactly Tom!

I wish it was so for me too! I had to rebuild the master database for a collation change and it's a *PAIN*, especially on big SQL Server 2005 clusters. The setup process has to start on each passive node before you can rebuild the master database and (multiple nodes) = (multiple possible reasons for a failure).

Everything document here[/url], if you're interested in the story and the workaround.

I did it all on SQL 2000. Resolved NEVER AGAIN. Hence know 2005/2008 version only by theory, and it's going to stay that way! (I hope)

I hope it does stay that way - for you and me 😀

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Good to know, thank you

Iulian

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply