Rebuild Index failed with error: The Execute method on the task returned error code 0x80004003 (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.).

• I have a maintenance job that runs nightly without incident but last night the Rebuild Idex step failed with this description:

Source: Rebuild Index Description: The Execute method on the task returned error code 0x80004003 (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.). The Execute method must succeed, and indicate the result using an "out" parameter. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 10:00:00 PM Finished: 10:07:53 PM Elapsed: 473.328 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

Nothing has chaged on the server, that I can find. All other maintenance jobs were successful. The SQL log has no entries regarding the failure but the server's Event viewer shows these (I have removed certain info, preceded by xx):

Event Type:Error

Event Source:SQLISPackage100

Event Category:None

Event ID: 12291

Date:10/26/2011

Time:10:07:53 PM

User:NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer:xxservername

Description: Package "xxmaintenance_job_name" failed.

and

Event Type:Warning

Event Source:SQLSERVERAGENT

Event Category:Job Engine

Event ID: 208

Date:10/26/2011

Time:10:07:55 PM

User:N/A

Computer:xxservername

Description:

SQL Server Scheduled Job 'xxbakup_job_name' (0x7C4B26D08EBD864796DD9235B0E1843C) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2011-10-26 22:00:00 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 11 (xxschedule_name). The last step to run was step 1 (xxschedule).

• Post the maintenance plan history error.

Muthukkumaran Kaliyamoorthy
    https://www.sqlserverblogforum.com/

• The maintenance plan history error was the first in the list:

Source: Rebuild Index Description: The Execute method on the task returned error code 0x80004003 (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.). The Execute method must succeed, and indicate the result using an "out" parameter. End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 10:00:00 PM Finished: 10:07:53 PM Elapsed: 473.328 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed

• Good morning Everyone,

I also got the same error today. Checked maintenance plan history, logs, event viewer etc but could not find anything. Could you please help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply