Really weird unexpected termination error from catalog

• Hi all,

I am encountering a very strange problem with a single SSIS package.

We have generally run it from one network system account, and it has always worked fine (call it admin 1)

But we are trying to migrate our ETL to a more specific account.

When I try to run the package from the catalog with a credential mapped to the new account, the package crashes with an unexpected termination error.   It still runs successfully from the old credential.

This package loads up a table from an excel file on a network drive.

To rule some things out:

• Both users have RW permissions to the relevant network drive
    • I have tried copying the file first to a local drive where both have permissions and the same result.
    • I have yet to find a permission for the old id that the new one does not have.  It is currently sysadmin on both the ETL and destination servers as I rule things out.
    • I can log in to my local machine AS the offending user, and execute the package locally with success

Any ideas?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Nevyn.
  • Does the All Executions report give you any additional information? It should tell you exactly which component is failing, for example.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Not exactly.  From the all executions report and other catalog messages I was able to determine that it was crashing on the data flow with all previous tasks ending successfully.

There were truncation warnings but no errors.

Anyway, this seems to have been resolved as I changed the OLE destination from "table or view" to "table or view - fast load" while trying to diagnose by disabling and changing certain tasks.

So problem solved, sort of.  But I still don't understand why one user account could have it work with "table or view", and the other would have it crash.     This is only a ~3600 row data flow, so I doubt there is any sort of memory issue.

• That is an unsatisfying resolution!

You should probably attend to those truncation warnings ... one day, when your input data changes, they'll turn into unhandled errors.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I always make sure the AD account for the SQL Server Agent Account has "Full Control" of the Directory where the file is located.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply