Really weird SSRS column bug

• I have this query: 

SELECT T.TABLE_NAME AS [Table], C.COLUMN_NAME AS [Column], 
    C.IS_NULLABLE AS [Allows Nulls?], C.DATA_TYPE AS [Type],case when CHARACTER_MAXIMUM_LENGTH <0 then 'Max' else cast(CHARACTER_MAXIMUM_LENGTH as varchar) end as [Len]
    ,c.COLUMN_DEFAULT as [Default Value]
    ,COLUMNPROPERTY(object_id(t.TABLE_SCHEMA+'.'+ t.TABLE_NAME), COLUMN_NAME, 'IsIdentity') as [Identity]
    , t.TABLE_TYPE as [Table or View]
    FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.Tables T JOIN INFORMATION_SCHEMA.Columns C
    ON T.TABLE_NAME = C.TABLE_NAME
    WHERE T.TABLE_NAME NOT LIKE 'sys%'
    and t.TABLE_NAME not like '%_delete%'
    AND T.TABLE_NAME <> 'dtproperties'
    AND T.TABLE_SCHEMA <> 'INFORMATION_SCHEMA'
    ORDER BY T.TABLE_NAME, C.ORDINAL_POSITION

Which i have running into a very vanilla Tablix report.   The column [Default Value] however, always displays blank on the deployed report while i can see the column data just fine in Visual Studio preview mode.   I've tried casting the column as a varchar in an ISNULL function. 

No error messages when the report renders, just refuses to show this column.  I've tried recreating the report from scratch 2 times at least with the same result.   Anyone seen this?

• Nope.  Never seen it.   However, a couple of things to check:

1.) properties of the tablix cell - in particular, visibility.  Be sure it's set to be visible.
    2.) The tablix cell contains something else besides your column that ends up blank, and it covers your field.
    3.) The previous tablix row is in some way overlaying your row, rendering it invisible.
    4.) The tablix row has some property that causes it to be invisible.
    5.) The database context you think the query runs under is not what you think it is.   You can force the issue by specifying a 3-part name:  DATABASE_NAME.INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS, etc.

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply