RE:

• Grant,

I think this article is a great primer for using VS to test stored procedures instead of other non-MS tools like SQL Unit etc. 

I would like to see this methodology be applied one step further - to use to test SSIS packages.  For me this is a very gray area in unit testing since (unless thing have changed) you can only test at the package level and not the individual "task" level and I havent seen hardly any "best practice" methodology. You can run individual tasks in the VS Business Studio project but I have not seen any caommands that would run an individual task from a command line, only the "whole" package. Can you provide me and community with any links that approach the subject of iunit testing SSIS packages and tasks in VS.  Good article!

Regards

James

• Hey, thanks for the reply to the article. Yes, I'd like to see a mechanism for unit testing SSIS as well. I think it'd probably be more useful than testing TSQL.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply