RC4 cipher disabled, Report Manager / Server no longer accessible

• We not too long ago were required to remove / disable the RC4 cipher suite on our servers.  Shortly after that, I found I could no longer access the SSRS Report Manager and Report Server pages via IE.  At the time, this was not a pressing concern and I let it slide until just recently (we don't make a lot of changes to reports, generally.)

Initially, I didn't know what the problem was, until I started working with one of the server admins (I have to go through a jump server to get to SSRS) and he re-enabled RC4 on the jump server.  For us, this is a big issue, and we would like to get it turned back off.

I've been searching trying to find anything on getting the management pages of SSRS working without RC4 and have not found anything helpful (I've seen the MS KB article on disabling RC4 many times in this search, so please don't point me at that.)  We are running in Native mode, NOT Sharepoint Integrated.

If anyone has had to do this, please, let me know what you did to resolve things.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Jason,

Searched around, but don't see anyhting. I suspect there is a need to switch authentication for the SSRS site pages. Have you tried enabling kerberos here for those pages? I see some items in searches that handle this.

Can you specify what you disabled? I can reach out to MS, but the post is a little vague.

• I'm not the one who's disabled RC4 in the OS, so I'm presuming the server admins / NEC did something similar to this:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/faad7dd2-19d5-4ba0-bd3a-fc724d234d7b/how-to-diable-rc4-is-windows-2012-r2?forum=winservergen

I'm in the process of setting up a test VM that's going to follow those directions to see if I can first reproduce the issue, then find a resolution other than re-enabling it.  I would expect we've got a support agreement with MS as well, although so far I've never had to use it, but that would be my next step.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply