Quickshift (100% - 200% performance increase????)

• Sorry not to be of more help. Good luck to you, Robert.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Yes, if you don't find any issue with the resource utilization & the disks or the HW, then the issue could be contention at database side, the application code & etc. Better review and fine tune the SPs or queries, which are taking more time.

• Not sure it would help, but you can do snapshot replication without primary keys which could be run nightly.

Steve

• Robert Hankin (9/28/2010)

Again a good suggestion and again (unfortunately) a limit of my ERP Software. The table constraints are all based on unique indexes (on all 6000 tables) without a single primary key. I can not change this if i still want a support contract so I can not have any replication - only log shipping. Of course I can report off the log shipped restored database but i need a high frequency of copy/loads to maintain DR and up to date data and have far too many users reporting to make this viable.

It seems that every possible performance improvement that is suggesting i have to answer "but the ERP Software does not allow this......" Maybe my biggest problem is the ERP Software!!!!

Thanks for all of the suggestions though - it's greatly appreciated! Any more are still very welcome!

You could log ship and only restore during a certain period of the day when there is no reporting going on..that way if you ever do need to bring up DR, the log copy job is still running on schedule and you can just manually run the log restore job to bring it completely up to date.

• There is a great new and product called SafePeak that accelerates performance and cuts database with changes in application, database or the hardware.

SafePeak Technologies has released its flagship product for free of charge download for 14 days trial: http://www.safepeak.com/Download

SafePeak provides a plug and play in-memory caching solution for acceleration of application and database response time up to microsecond level, to improve existing infrastructure scalability with reduced cost. Easy-to deploy and use, SafePeak automated technology allows you to accelerate pro-actively your existing applications based on SQL Server (like SharePoint, CRM and other enterprise systems), as well as e-commerce and web portals – without any code changes.

Automated result set caching technology brings performance, speed, scalability and throughput of in-memory databases to any existing and 3rd party applications and websites working on SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 r2.

more info is here: http://safepeak.com/Products/SafePeak-Overview

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply