Questions in Exam Retake - 70-463

• Hi I am retaking the 70-463 exam. I missed out on the first one by the narrow margin. Just out of curiosity what are chances of the questions from the first exam reappearing on the second one. I will have the same candidate ID therefore is the test smart enough to exclude the questions from the first one and only do new ones? Has anyone had any similar experience? I am new to Industry certification. Any comments will be helpful.

Thanks

S

• As far as I know, there's a good amount of questions to choose from.

I do not think the system is smart enough to exclude the questions you had last time.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Thank you for the reply. It is just that I did not take any practice tests before the exam. I am looking at some practice tests now and majority of the questions look similar to what I faced in the exam. I will just have to find out in the exam I guess.

• Be careful what practice tests you use. If they're braindumps (actual questions from the exams), you can lose your certifications for studying from them. Stick to the exam practice guides that MS recommends, they're legit.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I took the all 3 recommended ones from micrsoft. Kaplan, Measureup and Transcender so hopefully I should be Okay and with enough practice on my VM.

• I'm about to jump in the car and drive up the A1 for my first (and hopefully last) attempt at 70-463. I've already got 461/2 and learned from those that you have to cover a bit more than what is in the book or the practice tests.

As my employers have paid for the exam and given me half of the week off for "study leave" the pressure is on!

EDIT:

Now back home. Passed the exam so am now an MCSA. I know that's not a big thing to many of you here but it's my first qualification since 1979 and I'm thrilled to have it 🙂

• congrats on passing! I have 461 under my belt and have 463 scheduled for November (skipped 462 for later)

• Congrats !

I found 462 to be the hardest of them all. I barely squeaked that one by. Measure Up was really, really good practice exams. Great explanations

***SQL born on date Spring 2013:-)

• Congrats.

Been working with MS SQL Server since 1996, no certs. Want to just to test my knowledge, just haven't made the time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply