Questions for SQL 2008 express edition

• Can someone help me for SQL express edition?

1) How big size for one database?

2) How many connections can build at the same time?

• 1) 4GB

2) Not sure, don't think there's a limit.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • The database size is now listed as 10GB making the Express edition practical for more users.

Some of the older Express editions limited connections to 25 (At least that is what the marketing materials said). Such a limitation is no longer listed in the marketing literature, and I cannot find it mention of it anywhere else.

I did see a hint that the connection limatation no longer applies. Of course, they limit you in other areas such as 1GB RAM max. This will become a performance hit on anything with high transaction volume so it is kind of the same thing.

• jerry-621596 (9/20/2010)

The database size is now listed as 10GB making the Express edition practical for more users.

I believe that's 2008 R2 Express.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Could be. But the link doesn't say that specifically so it is hard to tell. MS does silly things like that sometimes without saying anything.

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions-compare.aspx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply