Question about using Azure Data Factory with MySQL

• I went ahead and signed up for the free Azure trial and created my first data factory last night.

Right now I have 3 databases running on my computer.

SQL 2019 Developer Edition Full Install

SQL 2017 running in Docker container

MySQL running in Docker assuming it's the most recent version.

Using Data Factory as the platform for moving data around I've been able to transfer data from MySQL to SQL1 and 2, from SQL 1 to 2 and vice versa. Data from any of these 3 sources into Azures Blob storage in the form of CSV files.

The only thing I cant figure out how to do yet is to use the MySQL database as the DESTINATION database. I remember in SSIS you were allowed to do this a long as you had the right drivers for the MySQL connection. It seems using Data Factory it will only allow you to use either their blob storage or other Microsoft SQL databases as the destination.

Is what I am trying to do even possible ? It's not important or anything I just wanted to see if it was something I was doing wrong, or if it was the limitations of data factory and the types of destinations it allows.

If MySQL is excluded as a destination, are other databases like Oracle or DB2 also excluded ? It appears data factory let's you use just about anything as the data source but a limited number of options for the data destination.

• spam - exact copy of https://www.reddit.com/r/dataengineering/comments/wvpic5/comment/ilhadig/ - from 2 month ago

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply