Question about SQL Server Agent

• I've Maintenance Plans as follows,

Job Schedule Properties as follows,

At this level, my Jobs as follow,

This is the scenario,

1. my machine current Date and Time is 26 July 2012, 230PM.

2. I never Start Job manually

3. When the time is ticking at 300PM, my SQL Server Agent did not run this Job

4. If, I Start Job manually, I believe my SQL Server Agent will run this Job as scheduled

My question,

1. Once create the Job, did I need to Start Job manually?

2. If I close my SQL Server Management Studio, did my Job will run as expected?

3. If I Log Off my machine (not Log Off in Remote Machine), did my Job will run as expected?

4. If I Log Off my machine (in Remote Machine), did my Job will run as expected?

Need explanation. Please help me

• Little Nick (7/26/2012)

I've Maintenance Plans as follows,

Job Schedule Properties as follows,

At this level, my Jobs as follow,

This is the scenario,

1. my machine current Date and Time is 26 July 2012, 230PM.

2. I never Start Job manually

3. When the time is ticking at 300PM, my SQL Server Agent did not run this Job

4. If, I Start Job manually, I believe my SQL Server Agent will run this Job as scheduled

My question,

1. Once create the Job, did I need to Start Job manually?

2. If I close my SQL Server Management Studio, did my Job will run as expected?

3. If I Log Off my machine (not Log Off in Remote Machine), did my Job will run as expected?

4. If I Log Off my machine (in Remote Machine), did my Job will run as expected?

Need explanation. Please help me

First of all you need to be sure that SQL Server Agent itself is started & running. Second, make sure that you scheduled the job to run at the time you want it to run. Also, make sure that both the job & the schedule are enabled.

If all the things described above are true then answer to your questions are as follows:

1. No, you don't need to run the job manually if you have created a schedule for it & you want to run it at that time only.

2. Yes, closing SSMS doesn't make any impact on SQL Server Agent or scheduled jobs.

3. Yes, logging off the machine will not stop SQL Server Agent

4. Yes, logging off the machine will not stop SQL Server Agent

Sujeet Singh

• In my services, this is my SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)

I've a question based on below image,

1. What's Log on as Local System account?

1. What's Log on as This account - Network Service?

• Little Nick (7/26/2012)

In my services, this is my SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)

1. What's Log on as This account - Network Service?

I think you are trying to attach the images, however I am not able to see them.

Sujeet Singh

• Why you cannot see sir?

• The screenshots you've shown are for SQL Server itself. SQL Agent is a completely different service.

Look for a service called "SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER)", and see if that is started.

• Oh sorry...sir

Here my SQL Server Agent,

2. What's Log on as This account - Network Service?

3. What's the different between Local System account and Network Service?

• it looks like the job did not run today because you specified in the schedule that it should run on day 1 of every month.

This means that it will run at 3 pm only on the first day of every month.

if you check in the job activity monitor it clearly says that the job will run next time at 08/01 at 3 pm

if you want to run the job on a daily basis, change the job frequency to Daily.

• Vikrant S Patil (7/26/2012)

it looks like the job did not run today because you specified in the schedule that it should run on day 1 of every month.

This means that it will run at 3 pm only on the first day of every month.

if you check in the job activity monitor it clearly says that the job will run next time at 08/01 at 3 pm

if you want to run the job on a daily basis, change the job frequency to Daily.

+1 I saw same thing. Your job is scheduled to run at 3:00PM on 8/1/2012.

• tq to all.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply