Question about Parent-Child table using CASCADE

• I used update cascade for connecting my parent with my child table, As my program requires my child to update automatically whenever I update my parent.

Here's the tricky part of me,

Since I'm new to SQL and learning the ropes, Hypothetically, If I want to update the value inherited from the parent table inside the child table, Will the updated value from the child reflect to the parent? Because I'm expected to be able to change the value of child WITHOUT reflecting it to the parent.

Thanks!

• When we create a foreign key using UPDATE CASCADE the referencing rows are updated in the child table when the referenced row is updated in the parent table which has a primary key.

DBASupport

• cyrusbaratt wrote:

When we create a foreign key using UPDATE CASCADE the referencing rows are updated in the child table when the referenced row is updated in the parent table which has a primary key.

And not from child to parent.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply