QueryTool complaint

• In EM if you use the open table or open view option, you can choose "Query" and get a nice Access like display that end users enjoy.

I'm wondering why Microsoft did not bundle this with Query Analyzer.

I don't like installing the full EM on end users machines.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow,The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

Once you've accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.

• You can look at tables and views through the object browser in QA - do you want to do more ?!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Yes.  A few spoiled end-users have seen the Query display available in EM.  It is similar to Microsoft Access.  I wish this display was bundled in QA.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow,The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

• Can't you just provide these "spoiled end-users" with customized views ?!?! Why spoil them any more than they already are ?!

ps:prefer strawberries and cream myself!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• I did mention that.  We could place the views on our network.  Another solution is to link our SQL tables to an Access application and let them play in that sandbox.  

The over-riding problem we have is an end user who wants everything for her group...She was recently promoted into IT and we are just beginning to reprogram her. 

Can you say pain in the a^&&?

• You can easily create an Access Data Project that is linked to whatever tables, views and procs the user has permission to and then let them use all of nice tools in Access

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply