Query to see what components or features are installed

• perfect solution. just what I was searching for. Thanks!

• I am looking for a sample SQL consolidation report that we would get from MAP tool...Can someone post their report (removing all confidential details) ....Just want to know what are the SQL component details that get captured by MAP

• I know this is a very old thread but someone might find this useful. This is not a query but does let you see the installed features.

Run the installer. On the left pane select "tools". On the right select "Installed SQL Server features discovery report". That should show what you want.

• chuck.hamilton - Tuesday, March 26, 2019 12:43 PM

I know this is a very old thread but someone might find this useful. This is not a query but does let you see the installed features.

Run the installer. On the left pane select "tools". On the right select "Installed SQL Server features discovery report". That should show what you want.

Yup...I like using that approach too.
    I've done it where you generate the discovery report from the command line by executing setup.exe from the Setup Bootstrap\SQL Server Version directory. So something like this for 2014
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Setup Bootstrap\SQLServer2014\Setup.exe" /Action=RunDiscovery /q
    will generate a SQLDiscoveryReport.htm report and dump it in the most recent setup folder in the Setup Bootstrap\Log\ path for SQL Server. The above example will generate the report to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Setup Bootstrap\Log

Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply