Query Problem

• select a.sEmployeeIDf,a.dtmdocdate,a.curAmount,

cast(a.curamount*100/sum(a.curamount) over (partition by a.semployeeidf) as decimal (10,2)) as Total,b.daccruehours,b.dHourstaken,c.dHourlyRate, b.dAccrueHours - b.dHoursTaken as Change

from tblPRHistEarnDetails a

left join (select * from tblprhistleave where dtmDocDate ='10/22/2010' and sLeaveCodeIDf ='AL')

as b on a.semployeeidf = b.semployeeidf

join tblPREE c on a.sEmployeeIDf = c.sEmployeeID

where a.dtmdocdate = '10/22/2010'

group by a.semployeeidf,a.dtmdocdate,a.curAmount,b.daccruehours,b.dHourstaken,c.dHourlyRate

order by a.sEmployeeIDf

I have 234 records in the table - tblPRHistEarnDetails, however only 227 records are returned.

There are no errors and/or warnings when running the query. The 7 missing records have values and I can't figure it out why they are not being selected.

Thanks

• Chek if there are NULL records. If there are NULL records compaire it with having some default value to nullable records. for example ISNULL(Id, 0)

www.sqlsuperfast.com

• The two most obvious reason are

1) Failed inner join to tblPREE , there should be a foreign key relationship to prevent this.

2) The group by clause is doing its job, try adding a count(*) column , then sum that. you *should* find that that will equal your total rows.

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Thanks for your feedback.

I want all the records from tblPRHISTEARNDetails reported, including Null values.

The strange thing is it is reporting the null values. So I tried to determine what is unique about the records that are not being selected, which so far I have not found anything.

I tried a few other things to troubleshoot it

1/ I removed the tblPRHISTLEAVE and I get the correct records.

2/ I removed the tblPREEE and I "do not" get the correct records.

3/ I modified the original query and added 2 more columns from tblPRHISTEARNDetails and I get all records. These 2 columns are not key fields - so I am not sure why it is returning the correct results.

The 2 additional columns are nOrderID and dPRHISTID

Although I am glad that my query is working but I would like to know why the 2 columns made the difference - see the revised query below.

select a.dPRHistID ,a.sEmployeeIDf,a.norderid,a.dtmdocdate,a.curAmount,

cast(a.curamount*100/sum(a.curamount) over (partition by a.semployeeidf) as decimal (10,2)) as Total,

b.daccruehours,b.dHourstaken,c.dHourlyRate, b.dAccrueHours - b.dHoursTaken as Change

from tblPRHistEarnDetails a

left join (select * from tblprhistleave where dtmDocDate ='10/22/2010' and sLeaveCodeIDf ='AL')

as b on a.semployeeidf = b.semployeeidf

join tblPREE c on a.sEmployeeIDf = c.sEmployeeID

where a.dtmDocDate ='10/22/2010'

group by a.semployeeidf,a.dtmdocdate,a.curAmount,b.daccruehours,b.dHourstaken,c.dHourlyRate,a.nOrderID,

a.dPRHistID

order by a.sEmployeeIDf ,a.dprhistid

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply