Query Performance in a Domain

• Hi Friends,

Having an issue, I have 3 machines in a domain and on one machine I have my sql say "a". If I query a table on server A it takes 3 seconds, but if I query them from Server B or Server C it is taking more than 1 minute. Any Idea where I have to fix this up.

Regards,

Sriram

Sriram

• Do you mean you have 1 sql server and when you run a query using SSMS on the SQL Server it is very fast, but when you run the same query from SSMS from another workstation it is much slower? Or do you have multiple SQL Servers and the same query is slower on one than another?

• Do you mean you have 1 sql server and when you run a query using SSMS on the SQL Server it is very fast, but when you run the same query from SSMS from another workstation it is much slower?

This is correct brother!!!

This is the issue thats bugging me 🙁

Sriram

• Does the query you run return lots of data back? If so, it could be a network issue. If you dropping packets or if you have bad Network card settings (Mixing Half Duplex with Full Duplex or Mixing 10 with 100 or 1 GIG) this can happen.

If it has return lots of data to the Server B where there is the degradation, then this can happen.

Also check if the query is taking a different Plan.

Just a shot in the dark.

-Roy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply