[ordernumber] ASC,

[enterdt] ASC,

[oetype] ASC,

[cono] ASC,

[transtype] ASC,

[operid] ASC,

[slsrepin] ASC,

[whse] ASC

)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

• adlakha.22 (10/24/2011)

here is execution plan for covered index

How long did this one take to run? There are a number of interesting changes in the plan as a result.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• @chris-2

"How long did this one take to run? There are a number of interesting changes in the plan as a result. "

are u talking abt index creation?

or any thing else..may be i did't get u

• When we tune we only care about the statements. Unless the index creation will always be part of the process (like for a temp table).

• Ninja's_RGR'us (10/24/2011)

When we tune we only care about the statements. Unless the index creation will always be part of the process (like for a temp table).

Both of the temp tables have clustered indexes created on them in the script, but the time taken will be negligible compared to the query.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• hey guys

I would like to inform u,from now to till monday i'll not able to reply ur post...

but we will back on this performance tuning after monday..(24-10-11)

it will be grt if u guys continue to help me further....

Thanks for ur suggestions:-)

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 110 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply