Query Analyzer displaying all int datatypes as decimals....

• When I view a resultset through EM everything's fine but when I use QA (for all 5 databases) and select anything with an int datatype, the resultset displays it as a decimal - eg: all my ID keys now show 1.00, 2.00 etc....EVERY SINGLE TABLE...

HELP!!!!

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• In QA go to Tools->Options->Connections(Tab) and UNCHECK Use regional settings....

hth

* Noel

• I was able to duplicate that behavior in the QA by selecting Tools->Options->Connections and putting a check in the option Use Regional settings...

Everything back to normal after clearing the check box.

Edit: I guess I have to learn to type faster

(and spell better)!

• How long have you guys been DBAS??? I never came across the fifth of the problems you guy can solve..

• Et Voila! Thanks a million Noel - Ron!

Remi - You're too modest!

ps:I wonder how that darn thing got checked in the first place - I'm the only one in the db and I know I didn't do it!

• Maybe you were sleepwalking or sleeptyping... I doubt that this could be set using a tsql command so I must assume it was done by hand... Can't tell who did it from here though.

• Actually I knew this one because in one occassion I had to use the computer of a developer at one ofmy clients and the guy had QA sooooo customized that I couldn't believe I was working with QA

Have you ever used QA in Tabbed Mode?  (IS REALLY NICE for PRESENTATIONS or CONFERENCES)

or

How about playing Music after a very Loooong batch process? (hint--I have )

* Noel

• what's the tabbed mode?? I've already seen the wave option but I never used it.

• My question too....you didn't mean grid right ?!

• Tools-->Options-->Editor(tab) Check Tabbed Mode

* Noel

• Nice little option there... I see how this could be usefull when doing a presentation on a big screen. But I still preffer seeing both the queries and the results in the same window.

But thanx for the great trick .

• Thanks Noel!

It's amazing how one post spawns another...no end to the invaluable information on this site!

• I should give credit to that developer because he was so much into customization that forced me to figure out how to get to my "normal" look-and-feel

sushila: Yeah you are correct we all learn here everyday, it is a great site ! 

[Edit:] Ah Remi is also very nice for Query Plans !!!

* Noel

• Remi - I found that if you go to the Results tab instead and select "Tab Delimited" in the Results output format then you get your wish ...query & results in one window!

ps:The only time I've been known to sleepwalk is when I'm sleeping <:-)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply