Query Analyster Issue

• In my sql server 2005 I am able to connect to server trhouh management studio,i am able to view all dbs.But when I clicke on new query I am getting the error

Acced is denied,. (Exception from HRESULT : 0*80070005(E_ACCESSDEINED))(mscorlib).

Kindly assist me Urgent

• binu

May be your account does not have appropriate permission.

Also can be a corrupt installation.

Create a .sql file using notepad and try double click it to open. Are you able to connect?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roshan Joe

Jeff Moden -Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Hi

I am having sysadmin rights in sql level.I created a sql script in notepad and tried to open , it is working.But when I tried to open new query it is showing the same error

• Does it open in management studio? are being able to execute the script?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roshan Joe

Jeff Moden -Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• It is opening

But if i tried to execute the script it showing Access to the path is denied.

I tried -use master. it is working.But if i put sp_helpdb -error

Access to the path is denied.

• [font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]

It might b that the DB owner in some of the databases is NULL. Change it sa. May be it would work.

• Run it from MASTER

SELECT name, suser_sname(sid), convert(nvarchar(11), crdate),dbid, cmptlevel

FROM master.dbo.sysdatabases

• You either have a corrupted install or insufficient rights. The error is NOT from SQL server it is a .NET error..

CEWII

• I tried to execute select * from sys.databases

it is also showing the same error -Access denied.

sql service is running under windows functional id.I given registry privilages to that id.still it is showing the same error.

• Does this work from another machine?

CEWII

• yes

If i connect from other machine all r working fine.Problem with local server only

• You could try re-applying the service pack..

Hold on.. Are you using Query Analyzer to connect to SQL 2005 or SSMS? It just occurred to me that the title was QA..

CEWII

• HI

SSMS is connecting to server correctily

I am using the windows login. I added the id to Administrators group and then it is working fine. I am able to connect to query analyser.

Seems some permission issue.

Kindly let me know if i use ssms and query analyser where the temp file will bel created????.

• Kindly let me know if i use ssms and query analyser where the temp file will bel created????.

Uh, what temp file?

CEWII

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply