QotD for 2nd March 2009

• This question reads:

"We have a table and it has just one column that the identity property of that column is set to ON, we need a query to insert some records in that, which of the following will work:

..."

I am having some trouble understanding exactly what the question means, so maybe if I restate it another way someone will tell me whether I am barking up the correct tree:

"We have a table [TableName], with a single column only [ColumnName]. The column has its Identity Property set to On.

Select whichever of the following queries that you consider could successfully insert a record (or records):

..."

Am I supposed to guess the datatype from the query text given in the answer choices? On past experience, it will prove to be a trick question, and none will be correct because the column will have some esoteric highly specific datatype.

Once again, this illustrates that some editing of questions would help improve clarity and understanding of a question ...

Ken.

You never know: reading my book: "All about your computer" might just tell you something you never knew!
    lulu.com/kaspencer

• Not really sure. I understood the question well enough to answer it and get it right.

• You seem to understand the question really well. Now I don't know if you know the correct answer tho :D.

BTW about 50% got it right, so it's definitly not a tricked question.

• The question is based on identities and defaults. You don't know how many columns, so how can you insert a row? It might seem unclear, but I think it you understand there is a default values clause, it makes sense.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply