QOD 12/2/03

• quote:

You're application is running on Windows NT 4.0 Server with the default configuration. When you deploy your application into production, the application won't connect to your SQL Server 2000 instance named CUSTRDB01\INS2. What would be the first thing to check to troubleshoot your problem? Note: you other applications that connect to this server appear to be working fine.

Ok could this be cleared up a bit. The note doesn't state that the other applications are on other machines thus leaving it open to being assumed on the same machine. If the same machine however then he potential answers don't make since unless you say that this is the only app on that box attaching to that instance on that server the other are attaching to the default instance. Think wording needs a bit of help there for clarity.

• quote:

Ok could this be cleared up a bit. The note doesn't state that the other applications are on other machines thus leaving it open to being assumed on the same machine.

Original:

quote:

Note: you other applications that connect to this server appear to be working fine.

It appears to be clear to me.

Mark

• We have situation when answer is correct but question is careless.

One of the conditions is: "Note: you other applications that connect to this server appear to be working fine."

As for Me it means: from the same computer and as result with ADO all must be correct.

• Again the question was misleading.

The sentence "Note: you other applications that connect to this server appear to be working fine. " is open for interpretation. Do these apps run on the same computer or not? If they don't, the answer is simple. If they do, the question becomes almost meaningless.

Please be more carefull with the wording of the questions.

Erik

• That is all I was trying to point out. I got it right but my concern is the interpretation of the question based on the sentence.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply