QOD 07/30/03

• The refernce in today's QOD to Windows 2000 Standard Edition is somewhat misleading. There really is not such an OS version without the word SERVER specified. Enterprise will not run on 2KPro

• I agree--the question was misleading. I thought it meant a non-Server edition of Win2K. By the looks of the response chart, so did a lot of other people.

• I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed this. Someone will probably get mad about me posting this again, however, there is no such product as Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition. I dare anyone to find a reference to this product at http://www.microsoft.com. Although I chose the "correct" answer, the correct answer to the question should have been "You can't run Enterprise Edition of SQL Server 2000 on Standard Editon of Windows 2000". Because there is no such product, you cannot run any application with something that does not exist.

• I made the ASSumption that 'standard' meant not a server version. I agree the question was a little misleading.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply