Putting Unit Tests to Work

• That did it, thanks.  I found the info at

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa833231(VS.80).aspx

Some extra attributes are required on the extensions line:

<extensions assembly="CustomCondition, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=<enter key here>" version="1"  xmlns="urn:Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamSystem.Data.Extensions" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamSystem.Data.Extensions

Microsoft.VisualStudio.TeamSystem.Data.Extensions.xsd">

Note the extra attributes after version="1".

So to sum up info that could improve the article

1. At the top, specify the assembly name you are creating, since it will be needed in the xml file.
    2. In the code, consider adding an override of the ToString method to give a meaningful description of the test condition in the Values column of the Test Conditions list box.
    3. Describe (or point to a description of) how to sign your code, run gacutil, and get the public key.
    4. Update the xml example

1. Make sure the assembly name matches the assembly name created above.
    2. Add the extra attributes at the end of the extensions line.
    3. Clarify that extension type="<NameSpace>.<ClassName>"
    4. The current directory in which to drop the xml file is c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\DBPro\

Thanks again for your help, and for the article,

Mark

• I was just going to look this up and I saw your response. Thanks for the assist.

I'll look into updating the article, but if I can't, at least your comments will be here to help out.

Thanks again.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply