Pull Out Of Office data from exchange server

• Hi All,

Anybody have any idea to pull the Out Of Office information from exchange server.

That data need to insert into the table.

Your ideas are appreciated!!

Thanks,

Karthik

• I've seen products before that would connect Exchange to SQL, but I'm not sure about OoO info. That sounds more like a setting for a user, and you'd need an object model to get to the user in the Exchange system.

• Not esactly sure what you're looking to accomplish, but heres a blog post about using an ldap query to check to see if users have OoO enabled. Perhaps you can modify the syntax to get their messages? Also in the comments section there's a link to a tool that will allow you to play with OoO messages and such...

The only way I've ever been able to query the exchange stores is via LDAP. Not sure if you could get the jet db exposed enough to query it with TSQL.

Hopefully that may point you in the right direction.

-Luke.

EDIT: 'suppose it might be helpful if I actially included the link...

http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2008/01/exporting-oof-out-of-office-setting-for.html

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Hi Luke and Steve,

Thanks for your information..

Basically, i am a SQL developer.

I have a task like, Need to pull the Out OF Office data for each employee from my company and need to insert that data in to table.

.net team will pull the data from the table to view in the webpage.

The data looks like

Name Stratdate Enddate

Karthik 23/aug/2009 30/aug/2009

I hope this helps.

Thanks for assistance,

Karthik

• Hi Karthik,

I know this is very old post of yours.

But I would like to know - Did you manage to find a solution for your question?

I am also looking for the same - How to query to get emails information from Microsoft Exchange Server?

Thanks

grkanth81

• Hi,

It is not possible through TSQL. If you have an access to exchange server, API kind of thing will work to fetch the data. It is quiet long back, If I remember correctly, I tried using a "EWS Managed API" to get the OOO data. If you try in google like "Getting automatic reply using EWS Managed API" you may get some C# code. Since it is long back, I am not sure about the API I mentioned, but it is very close. I believe you may also get newer version of this API.

Thanks,

Karthik

• grkanth81 (6/25/2015)

Hi Karthik,

I know this is very old post of yours.

But I would like to know - Did you manage to find a solution for your question?

I am also looking for the same - How to query to get emails information from Microsoft Exchange Server?

Thanks

grkanth81

I know I've used a remote powershell command, which i guess enables Exchange Powershell.

with that, I've used it to get the members of specific distribution lists, and i know i saw similar code which pulled mail from various boxes as well.

so you could automate something with powershell, and have powershell write to a table.

https://www.google.com/search?q=powershell+read+exchange+email seems to give me a lot of decent code examples.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply