Progress Indicator Between VB.Net and SQL 2000

• I'm new to VB.Net and SQL 2000. I have a month-end posting module which transfers transaction files to its corresponding historical files. Because of the volumenous number of records to transfer, it takes time to execute the program done in Stored Procedure.

I wanted to place a dynamic progress indicator window in vb.net which displays which table is being transferred. Let's say "Table 'table name' is being transferred... pls waitl"

My problem is the on-line communication between stored procedure and vb.net interface. What script command will it use for the user to see which files is currently being transferred.

Any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Have thought of doing the exact same thing myself, however no longer have the need. My solution was to have a seperate table with details of the stages of the routine. As the routine goes along, it updates the second table, which your vb.net app can query on every timer.tick event. Much easier than trying to interface straight into the SP. Also means you have an audit trail for the routine.

Hope this helps?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply