Problems with Reporting Services - Execution account - Access db not working

• Hi,

Im trying to set upp a datasource against a Access db. I can access the database when selecting "As the user viewing the report" but not when selecting "Without any credentials". I have even tried setting up the execution account with my admin user but I get the same error message:

"ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Your network access was interrupted. To continue, close the database, and then open it again. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Your network access was interrupted. To continue, close the database, and then open it again."

I´ve set the ODBC permissions for the execution account.

The connection string looks like this "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};Dbq=c:\path\database.mdb;   (the database resides on the same server as the reporting services)

I´ve also added the execution account with modify rights to the path and database.

What am I missing?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Take a look at the connection strings here https://www.connectionstrings.com/access/, I am definitely no expert on accessing Access (in fact, when I get it right, it's usually because I've put another layer in between and don't access the mdb directly in RS), but you'll notice one of their examples says:

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\mydatabase.mdb;Uid=Admin;Pwd=;

... or maybe one of the examples there that uses Jet instead of Microsoft Access Driver will have better results for you?

>L<

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply