problems copying and pasting OLAP databases

• I have 3 OLAP databases on a production server.  I have successfully copied 2 of the 3 OLAP databases to a QA server (don't ask), but I keep getting an error when I try to copy and paste the 3rd OLAP database. 

The error:  An unexpected internal error has occured.  Please restart the application.

Yeah, I restarted the application to no avail.  Logged-in to the production server, I attempted to copy the 3rd OLAP database to the (remote) QA server:  no dice.  Logged-in to the QA server, I attempted to copy the OLAP database from the (remote) production server:  no love.  I have tried both methods at lunch, in the pre-dawn light, and in the middle of the night:  still no love.  I have Analysis Service's Service Pack 4 on both very recently built machines.

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Seth

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• There could be a number of reasons for that depeding on the environment you are in.

Try and troubleshoot the following:

Make sure your database is detached and that no active links, replication active DTS packages etc is what is locking it and preventing you from copying it.

Make sure that the database size you are trying to copy is not too "big" for your network to handle and produces the error you are receiving.

Hope some of that aids to finding the real reason.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply